04 janvier 2006

First pictures, the kingdom of Siam.

Clic on pictures to see a more detailed size.

maabaa

Thai truck
Recognise him ? Going to take more pictures of trucks next time, somewhere between kitch and pop-art, very colorful chromes...

Mountain temple


Hope you like them.
They are taken with a Pentax film SLR camera (it means not digital), that's why I have to scan them.
Most of them are different from the original paper ones (heh, that's why computer graphists are made for...)

Watching the following originals might help you get the point.
You see that after the scan the color is poor. Blacks are washed out... looking gray.
There are stains made by the scanner (have to clean it correctly some day, did I use it as a table !?)
The Thai truck picture is under a blue cast, because of the coloured windows of the car I was in.
The temple bells picture's framing needs some rotation, and I added some special exposure and depth of field effects to my taste.
The mirror picture was a good start point, to make an esthetic image suiting my taste. In itself it was not so interresting. I like the result though.

Below is the original picture I used to make my profile image. As you can see it's underexposed.
The final image is the result of several steps or reworking.

I'm done with the explanations, they are for people who are unfamiliar with computer graphics (no more than a few days ago I was asked this by a friend of mine - Woon, if you read this someday ;) and to explain how I work to get the pictures you will see in this blog.
In the future though, if you are interrested to know how a specific picture was done/reworked, ask me in the comments (public is allowed to post) and I will detail. I don't know who will read this blog and watch the pictures. But it'll be good if a few people like it.

I will add many other pictures soon.
Please check regularly for updates.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

I like those pics. Still looking forwards to our favourite... the mom with her child.

I do not think Woon will read it. You are lucky already if she replies your mail. Internet and she are not best friends :p

05 janvier, 2006 09:10  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

Nice work Pierre,

Your Pictures are great quality, especially the pictures of the temple at Siam...

The effects with the photos are very good, and below you're right : Life is a long flight full of turbulences...

Safe Landings Razza

06 janvier, 2006 12:53  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

sympa la coupe padawan ! Un gros bonjour en passant à toi, ancien camarade déchu de Sup ...
T'as l'air de bien mener ton ptit chemin, c'est tout ce que je te souhaite!

24 mars, 2007 19:45  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home